the code and musings of
Recent and Popular Posts
Interactive Equivalent Latitude Map
Nov 9th, 2015
· Drag and zoom world maps to see how latitude of various cities compare. Rome is North of Denver?
S&P 500 Clusters and Dendrogram
Oct 25th, 2015
· A dendrogram of S&P components built using return data. How well does it align with sectors and industries?
DataComb: An interface for combing through tabular datasets
June 21st, 2015
· Notes and a demo of an interactive visualization using NBA player data
Better Ruby on Rails and Heroku Performance
Aug 22nd, 2014
· A few simple and cost effective ways to speed up your Ruby on Rails application
Open-high-low-close(OHLC) Charts with D3.js
July 7th, 2014
· A simple demonstration of stock OHLC charts written in CoffeeScript and D3.js
K-means Clustering and Visualization
Apr 22nd, 2014
· Implementation and visualization of k-means clustering algorithm
How Centrally Located are U.S. State Capitals?
Apr 16th, 2014
· State capitals mapped out against population and geographic centers
NCAA Tournament Seed and Probability of Advancing
Mar 18th, 2014
· How much does seed correlate with March Madness success?
Drought and Historical Rainfall in California
Mar 7th, 2014
· An interactive visualization of the drought in California compared to previous years
Sochi Winter Olympics Medals by Country and Sport
Feb 23rd, 2014
· A visualization that maps medals won in each sport to countries
A Geometric Proof of the Pythagorean Theorem in D3.js
Feb 11th, 2014
= d3? An interactive and animated proof
Another Year, Another Blog Design
Feb 10th, 2014
· This is the third time I've reworked my blog in as many years.
time it's gonna last.
Terminal Crash Course and Reference Sheet
Jan 13th, 2013
· A survival guide for the Unix shell
© Chris Polis, 2012 - 2014